Trunk Lid Struts
Gas Struts will not last forever.
In a Roadster, a properly functioning release strut should raise the trunk lid all the way when the actuator button is depressed.
We find the majority of Roadsters we service, still have the original struts from 2008-2011, and since this item has a 7 year service life, they all need to be replaced, and often will not even hold up the trunk lid half way.
This product is a direct replacement for both 1.5 and 2.x Roadsters, and will provide years of service. Installation is relatively simple and DIY.
The Tesla Part Number for these is 2003740. (SOLD AS A SET OF TWO)
- Exact fit original equipment design guarantees correct fit and function
- Engineered and built to meet or exceed original equipment quality standards
- Individually tested for performance and reliability
- Hardened, nitride plated steel
- Extended Length – 19.70″
- Stroke – 7.95″
- Compressed Length – 11.75″
- Force – 51lb
- Force Newtons – 227
- Shaft Connection – Ball Socket U Band (Nylon)=10mm=3/8″=.39″
- Body Connection – Ball Socket U Band (Nylon)=10mm=3/8″=.39″
- Rod Diameter – 8mm
- Cylinder Diameter – 19mm
You need to remove the spring clip to take them off, as they are only designed to snap on-not off.