Sensor – Ultrasonic – Rear Door – LH (Remove and Replace)
FRT No: 11334202
Special tools required for this procedure:
|1080978-10-A||22 mm diameter tip for force gauge|
- Open the LH front door. Open the LH rear door to a comfortable working position.
- Ensure that the LH rear window is fully closed.
- Remove the rear door closeout panel (refer to procedure).
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the ultrasonic sensor.
- Twist the cap clockwise to remove it.
Note: When the cap is removed, the spacer and spring might fall out of the sensor carrier.
1 Cap 2 Spring 3 Spacer 4 Ultrasonic sensor 5 Carrier 6 Butyl patch
- Remove the spacer and spring.
- Remove the ultrasonic sensor from the carrier.
Note: Inspect the face of the sensor; ensure that the adhesive that affixed the sensor to the door was removed with the sensor. If the adhesive remains stuck to the door, use a plastic trim tool to remove it.
- Discard the ultrasonic sensor.
- Attach the 22 mm tip to the force gauge.
- Connect the electrical connector to a new ultrasonic sensor.
- Ensure that there is sufficient slack in the electrical harness to prevent it from pulling on the sensor when it is installed. Reposition the harness as necessary.
- Use alcohol wipes to clean the sensor mounting area on the door panel.
- Use an infrared thermometer to check the temperature of the door panel. If necessary, use the heat gun to heat the door panel to at least 25 degrees C (77 degrees F).
Caution: Do not continue this procedure unless the door panel is at least 25 degrees C (77 degrees F).
- Use a spring clamp, bar clamp, or similar tool to gently hold the sensor with the coupling tape facing up.
- Aim the infrared thermometer at the face of the ultrasonic sensor. Use the heat gun to heat the face of the ultrasonic sensor to 45 degrees C (113 degrees F).
Warning: Wear heat-resistant gloves when performing this operation.
- Remove the protective film from the coupling tape on the new sensor.
- Install the ultrasonic sensor.
- Use the force gauge to apply a force of 55 N to the sensor for at least 10 seconds.
- Reinstall all components that were removed for access.
Note: When reinstalling the spacer, ensure that the flat side faces the sensor.