Headlight – Adjust – North America
FRT No: 17400000
North America (SAE)
- Prepare a work area for adjusting the headlights:
- The area is darkened.
- The ground is flat and level.
- There is a wall with a white matte surface.
Note: The wall should be at least 6 ft (1.8 m) high and 12 ft (3.7 m) wide.
- Put a piece of tape on the wall 27.5 in (698 mm) from the ground to indicate where the beam should show.
- Measure 25 ft (7.62 m) away from the wall and put a piece of tape on the ground to indicate where the vehicle should be parked.
- Park the vehicle perpendicular to the wall so that the front fasica is flush with the tape that was placed on the ground in the previous step.
- Air suspension vehicles: Set the suspension height to “Standard”.
- Ensure that all 4 tires are inflated to their recomended settings. Refer to .
- Ensure that the vehicle is level by rocking it from side to side.
- Remove the LH and RH underhood aprons (refer to procedure).
- Use the touchscreen to turn on the low beam headlights.
- Cover the RH headlight; ensure that all light from the right headlight is blocked.
- Locate the headlight adjuster.
- Adjust the headlight so that the distance between the ground and the top right part of the beam on the wall is 27.5 in (698 mm).
- Repeat steps 10-12 by covering the LH headlight and adjusting the RH headlight.
- Reinstall all components that were removed for access.
- Use the touchscreen to put the headlight back to “Auto” mode.