Black Roadster – Newport Beach, CA USA
|VIN||5YJRE11B381000163||Year||2008||Rear Camera||Can Jr. Adapter|
|Transmission||Automatic||Mileage||30122 Miles / 48476 Km||Hard Top||Can Sr. Adapter|
|Body Type||2 Door Coupe||Make||Tesla||Soft Top||Brake Upgrade|
|Warranty||Guaranteed Operational||Model||Roadster||Carbon Fiber Hard Top||GMC Rebuilt PEM|
|0-60 MPH||3.9 Seconds||Battery Size||53 KW||12V Battery Relocation||Sport Version|
|Fuel Type||100% Electric||C.A.C.||LED Headlights||OVMS Upgrade|
|Exterior Color||Black||Range @ 85%||150 Mi | 241 Km||Infotainment Group||R80 Battery Pack|
|Additional Info||This is a 2008 Black Tesla Roadster currently located in Newport Beach California||Carbon Fiber Ext Trim||Executive Leather|
Here we have another well maintained, 2008 Black Tesla Roadster located in Newport Beach, CA.
Second owner, purchased from Tesla in 2013 with ~6k miles.
No accidents. Only significant repair required in last 8 years was a PEM fuse replacement.
VIN #163. Recently, VIN #162 was reviewed by Doug DeMuro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDqhWwzzgo
Unique “Roadster” badging on rear. 2.0 & 2.5 Sport models had “Roadster Sport” badging, this 1.5 has a modified Roadster Sport badge without the “sport” part, installed by Tesla by request.
Carpool stickers no longer functional, white stickers applied to early BEVs but were deprecated a few years ago.
– JVC headunit is in poor working condition, will reset when driving over bumps. Would recommend replacement with more modern single DIN unit ( https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/single-din-radio-options.212070/ ) or do the double-DIN retrofit mod.
– Small scrape on right front bumper in front of wheel. Approx 1cm diameter.
– Light “door ding” scratches on passenger door, ~1cm long.
– Factory PPF still installed. PPF looks a little beaten up, but paint underneath is good.
– Small chip on front left wheel rim, has been painted over and not readily apparent.
– Headlights are missing clear coat and become yellowed over time. Can be fixed with headlight restoration compound or by replacing headlights (will include 2 spare headlight assemblies).
– Door sill cover has a crack in it
– Tires are still in good condition, but are several years old in age. Probably should be replaced relatively soon.
Will include accessories:
– 120v charging cable.
– The CAN Jr. J1772 -> Roadster charging adapter.
– Custom outdoor car cover. “Superweave” fabric from California Car Cover. Gray, “Tesla” embroidered in red front & back. Car has lived outdoors in California for 8 years but always under cover when parked for more than ~20 minutes.
– 2 spare headlight assemblies.
– Body color hardtop
– Soft top.
– OVMS system to access car controls through mobile app.
– Color-matched touch-up paint (never used)
– Replacement “TESLA” rear badging. Horizontal lines on E & A can come off easily, have had to replace them a few times.”
The Tesla Roadster is now considered a collector’s item that will increase in value in the years to come. An incredible race car that is glued to the road, with great acceleration and driving pleasure. A total of 2400 produced. This 2008 Roadster is Vin #163 and only has around 30K miles!
This car marks the start of the great electric car adventure, and is the first electric car with a long range.
Charging cable is included.
One CAN adapter is included.
Gruber Motor Company offers Tesla Roadster matchmaking services. We unite sellers with buyers, and offer this service free of charge. Our Tesla fan and customer data base is extensive, and we maintain a growing list of “want to buy” contacts. Between our social media exposure, Our YouTube Channel – and growing Website traffic, we have been highly successful placing Roadsters into the hands of appreciative new Tesla Roadster owners.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to buy or sell a Roadster.
Gruber Motor Company specializes in Tesla vehicle service, engineering, aftermarket products & services, and Tesla vehicle restoration. Starting with the the legendary and iconic Tesla Roadster, an aging fleet for which we have developed advanced levels of support, services, and products, our acquired skills are instrumental in keeping these cars on the road.
Recognized by Tesla as a legacy parts supply partner, and our history of sharing our Roadster related re-engineering findings, has resulted in a bi-directional collaboration, all geared towards providing increased levels of support for the Roadster owner community.
For more details
800 658-5883 X500 or email@example.com
The Vehicle is sold "as is," and the Seller makes no express or implied warranties as to the condition or performance of the vehicle other than what is described in the Vehicle Specifics section.